Tuesday, July 3, 2018

7/02/2018 My way on His way

My weekly title is based off a song by Frank Sinatra called, “My Way”. An absolutely fantastic song verifying my feelings right now. I cannot believe that my mission has come to an end. Much has been done, much has been said, much has been gained, and much has been lost. This last email is not going to be written to try to impress nor give some large giant description of everything I have learned on my mission. Only God  and I will know what kind of mission I served and what has happened to my heart while I have served in the great Tennessee Knoxville Mission. But I would like to share a few experiences from the week that highlighted this beautiful ending. I wouldn’t exit any other way. 

We had a baptism this Saturday for my lil bro Nicholas Martin. He is a young boy that was living with a member who had not been baptized. When we first met him earlier this month he was like a turtle in his shell. In fact, we were driving in the outskirts of our area and we found a turtle and named him Nicholas after him because he was so dang shy. He would literally hide behind his mother as we taught him the Gospel. But after a few lessons he came out of his shell and we were eventually having nerf wars with him by the time he was baptized. He is an amazing kid. His baptism was beautiful and I had the opportunity to baptize him. Elder Fillingim, the elder I first trained, was there and he said, “I was here for the first and for the last” meaning he was there when I first baptized someone and then my last time. It was really cool. 

I went on an exchange in Knoxville this week with one of our APs, Elder Sharp. Elder Sharp is going home with me. He was in my District when I was in Oak Ridge, TN. Probably the hardest part of my mission was that time no doubt. We spent the day working and talking about our missions and how excited we are to go home and share our testimonies with our Families. We ended up driving through Oak Ridge and where I lived and the areas I worked in there. I was overwhelmed with gratitude for how far the Lord has brought me since that experience I started to weep in the car as we drove. It was definitely a bonding experience between us. I felt as if I had done all that the Lord has asked me to do. A feeling I will never forget! 

I performed a Baptismal interview for a little 10 year old girl named Jada. She was so sweet. At the end of the interview I asked her in front of her father in the building, “so Jada what is the most important thing that I want you to remember? And she said, “That I am a daughter of God”. That is the most beautiful knowledge I have gained on my mission is that I really a son of the real living God. That I have divine potential and I can taste some of that through relationships. Eternal happiness can only be found in eternal things! 

Last amazing thing from this week out of the many feelings of love and miracles I experienced was fast and testimony meeting. Barbara Burrell, who got baptized last week got up to bare her testimony. President Pickett had committed her to do so and she was very excited. She got up there and bore a powerful witness on the power of faith. It was amazing. She made me blush because she constantly kept calling me out hahaha. After she got done I got up and said in my southern accent “BARBARA BURRRREELLLLL” and as she is walking back to the Pughs she says out loud “ELLLLDEEEERRRRR MACCCDDDDDOOOONNNAALLLDDD” hahahaha I cried it was so funny. My first Sunday in the field I bore my testimony to the congregation in Dalton and now on my last Sunday I got to bare my testimony once again. Praise the Lord. 

I have loved my mission. I look back and cherish every sweet second of it. I know the Savior lives and that what I have taught to others these past two years is true. I am so grateful for what other people out here have taught me. I know that God had specifically sent me here to learn from and teach specific people. My testimony cannot be put into a written page, or into a small conversation. But I just want all who read this or see me to know that I love the Lord, and I feel I have a new heart. For this I am grateful. The dye is cast. My ships have been burned. Tables have turned. You live and learn. I love you all. Thank you for the undying support! MOMMA IM COMING HOME!!

Elder Kyle A. Macdonald

















 
And thus ends the blog of Elder Kyle Andrew Macdonald
 

No comments:

Post a Comment