Monday, December 5, 2016

12/05/2016

Title: Feliz Navidad// Ilumina Al Mundo

Hola FAMILIA Y AMIGOS Y FELIZ NAVIDAD!!! If y'all haven't seen already
the new Christmas Initiative that the church came out with this year!
If you go onto Mormon.org there's a beautiful video you can show to
others that explains how we can do something everyday to become more
like Christ. LIGHTS ARE UPPπŸŽ†πŸŽ†πŸŽ†πŸŽ† including our own:) this week was
pretty sweet! Training is going well! It's been super rainy here and
the weather went from like the 70s to the 40s real quick hahaha. Can't
do much for PDAY today

Update on Liz: She just had her baby today!!! So stoked for her!!
Castigas Miracle. We are planning to do a service project at her
family's trailer to clean up for her son! Her date is still set for
the 17th! So excited for her.

Tuesday: The best part of today was we experienced a burrito miracle.
The taco trailers out here are outrageously delicious and we went to
this one and I bought a burrito and horchata and then the owner hooked
up my comps and me with some more for free πŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌ πŸ™πŸΌ

Wednesday: Classic mission moments. Taxi Driver who loves Mormons
drives up and offers us a ride back our car up the street and in the
meantime we invited him to church and shared the Christmas Initiative!
This guy was so stoked on life he made my day.

Thursday: One the first day of Christmas my true love gave to meeeee!
Feliz Navidad 🎁 πŸŽ„ I'll just talk about for this day what I think
Christmas is about. Christmas growing up of course was always about
the presents and vacations and being with family which of course is
all awesome of course! I think I've really come to see how much more
meaningful this holiday season is, especially when we focus on what it
is really about which is Jesus Christ and trying to become more like
him. And there's so many ways we can do that. Once again I'd invite
y'all to do the Christmas Initiative on LDS.org!!!! Vayannnn πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰
Dalton had an awesome Christmas Parade too that we saw!

Friday: my favorite part of today was when I literally felt like a ran
my own lecture during a lesson. I had a white board stand and a
"class" of investigators including my comps sitting there and I taught
something called the Formula of Happiness (2 Nephi 5) which includes:
1. Follow the Prophet
2. Keep the Commandments
3. Read the Scriptures
4. Attend the Temple/Church
5. Work HARD

Result: Happiness

So that was really fun!

Saturday: I did the most service I've ever done in one day on the
mission. We helped some young couple move into their house, cleaned
the front yard of Liz's house before our lesson, and painted an entire
living room and kitchen in a less active house!! It was amazing. Can't
tell you how much fun I am having with the Christmas initiative tho.
We have shared the message at least 50 times already including with
entire families. Everyone loves itπŸŽ† Also went to this place called
the Flea Market which is like a swap meet for Hispanics. Reminded me a
little of market places in Peru haha (love u Alex)! We talked to
dozens of people there.

Sunday: Church was fantastic! Had Yaneth and her daughter Giselle come
to Sacrament! They had to leave after but it was a great turnout!  The
weather took a 180 degree turn and just down poured all day. Favorite
part of the day hands down: killed the lights in the Chapel and
watched the whole Christmas Devotional the church put on yesterday!
President Eyring is my favorite speakers and he concluded so I was
hype!

This week was a bit tough for me! I've been dealing with some health
and personal stuff lately! I'm so grateful for God though. I know he
in control and he helps me everyday push through things I thought
sometimes I can't. I'm grateful for a God who loves me enough to cut
me down so that eventually I can become what he needs me to be. Life
is so good. I'm working hardπŸ™πŸΌ Always. Love all of you. Bring the
true Christmas Spirit into your lives and in the lives of others this
year by remembering and doing what Christ would do! Buenas!

Elder Mac



No comments:

Post a Comment