Wednesday, August 9, 2017

7/31/2017

Santo Cambio. Well this week transfer calls came so it looks like I'll be spending at least a solid 6 months here in Lebanon in the Spanish Branch!! This will have be the area I've spent most of my mission! Sadly, my companion Elder Allen is getting transferred down to Chattanooga to train.

Also, another Macdonald Hijo is born!! Training once again:) Heading to Farragut on Wednesday! This is the 3rd time I'm training and I'm still quite nervous but excited as well!! Pray for our area!:)

Im officially an abuelo porque mi Hijo Elder Fillingim is training as well!! Go SON!!!

Esta semana: We didn't work our area super hard. We had a lot of exchange opportunities and different adventures happening throughout the week! Probably one of the weirdest weeks I've ever had on my mission schedule-wise. 

Tuesday: I went on an exchange with Elder Hess in my District! Class guy from Fruitland, Idaho. I got to work the English area today with him and to say the least we had one of the most random days of unique events so here's a brief summary: all plans canceled, meeting people from South Africa, corn flavored ice cream (super good), miracle finds, Boony referral, drenched by influx of rain, fat dog follows us, have to put fat dog in our car to return it home, beautiful views, outdoor BBQ, guns, quads, crossbows, and so on and so forth! Hahaha 

Wednesday Nights: are the best because we teach the La Familia Diaz English! I've been working with this girl named Katherine. She doesn't speak a lick of English but we've been working with them for about a month or so and she's really improving! We give homework to them as well to challenge them when we leave! 

Cookeville 2-Day Trip: Starting Thursday we took off to Cookeville for our first interviews with President Pickett! He's such a cool, laid back guy. Different style than Griffin of course, but he's a solid man. Super inspired. In my interview with him we talked about my current situation quite a bit and then I asked him about transfers and he said,"Are you up for a challenge?" And course I positively responded and right then I knew I was training ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

The rest of the day we worked with the Hispanics in Cookeville and Monterey. Had some chill success. The Sisters in Cookeville contacted this guy named Francisco and he watched the Restoration movie and told them he wants to be baptized! See where that goes. 

I went on a power-up exchange the next day with Elder Sanders!! My boy goes home in a December. But we had very minor success throughout the day. It was nice to chill with them for two straight days and to catch up! The next morning we listened to transfer calls and heard the big news. 

Im officially the "oldest" member of my district. Everyone else is 6 months and under. Wish me luck!!!๐Ÿ˜

Domingo: more than half the Branch didn't attend today because they had all went to Nauvoo for the weekend to see the church history sites!! But Raul and Esther and their whole family came to church!! I also gave a talk on "La Fe en Medio de La tribulaciรณn Trae Paz y Gozo". I love giving talks in Spanish no voy a mentir :) 

I'll update more on the investigators next week! Love y'all and as always muchรญsimas gracias por el apoyo

Les Quiero Ciao 

Elder Macdonald 

1-4: Elder Hess y la fiesta 
5: Katherine Diaz sonrisa bonita 
6: WE are the knight who say.........Mormones 
7: President Pickett y Cookeville Zone 
8: Broooo ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž
9: Sandy Man
10: i guess this trending hahaha
 
 







 


No comments:

Post a Comment