Thursday, August 24, 2017

8/21/2017

Life is good folks! I hope everyone is enjoying life in your own cool
way. August in AZ sucks! Endure to the end (of summer) hahaha. I don't
know if y'all have heard but there's this Eclipse thing happening
today throughout the whole country and it just so happens that middle
Tennessee is the best place in the entire world to be to view it!!! So
I'm stoked not going to lie! Not a crazy amount of things happened so
I'll keep this one brief:) shout out to my cousin Elijah Wade for
finishing his mission from El Salvador! All our investigators are
Salvadoreños so I'll keep it going! Cool things:

Zone Conference: So good. So many spiritual punches to the face, and
also things that edified me and others. The main focus/objective was
for us to become a "White Handbook mission". In other words, raising
our level of obedience. President Pickett created A conference layout
that totally changed the game. The Cookeville Zone (mine) and also the
Chattanooga Zone (my first Zone) all met together in Rockwood,
Tennessee. Woke up at 4:50 AM and drove 2 hours to the chapel. Super
beautiful and elevated. Not going to lie I was exhausted and Red Bull
saved my life! Another amazing focus was upon loving your companion
and having unified districts! I loved this a lot because it gave me
many ideas. Not going to lie President Pickett threw down on the
mission. He said we were an average mission and we always refer to the
mission as the "Great TKM". That was a solid punch to the face but
also definitely needed. It is very easy for a mission culture to leak
in disobedience. He talked about how distractions in life may not
always appear to be bad. For example back home, smart phones are not
necessarily bad themselves but you can allow them to distract you from
more important things in this life. How miracles will we miss if we
let ourselves get distracted or  by being disobedient? Don't miss
those miracles. They are around every corner! I also was given the
random opportunity to bear my testimony in front of two zones for some
reason. Wow, it was hard fighting back tears. I hadn't felt that way
in awhile. I testified of how I know Christ lives and how I've seen
his Atonement change others and me.

Speaking of miracles! We finally got Ivey Villanueva to church! She is
an inactive member that we found (who was not in the records) and she
brought her whole family to church! It became apparent that the
husband didn't really want to stay and Ivey was getting a little
bored.....but.....their KIDS🤙🏼🤙🏼🤙🏼🙏🏼 absolutely loved church!!
They didn't want to leave. So they all stayed all 3 hours and it was
legit!

This past week was a little muerto pero lo qu pienso es que this week
is going to be unreal! We are going to be diligent and obedient and
all the above (not that we haven't been) but there are always things
we can improve on. From the last Zone Conference, my greenie fire got
a nice ignition. Grateful for that. Being in 1 area for this long can
take a toll but I'm loving the Hispanics and we are having success!!:)
we are making big goals for church Attendance next week! Miriam didn't
get to come because she doesn't like being late. Elder Ney and I are
doing are best to work in unity being Spanish and English Elders and
only teaching Spanish. I've been taking him to English areas as well!

That's all I go for this week! Love yunz Les amo Ciao Pescao

Elder Mac

1-4: Peachy's Birthday
5: Buzz Lightyear
6: Guapo
7: Parley Pratt
8-12: Eclipse Party (more pics coming) Texas Brisket!!
 










 

No comments:

Post a Comment