Sunday, November 12, 2017

11/06/2017

The Great TKM

WOOOOOOOOOOO:) I just looked at Elder Frederick and said “wow...this week was unreal!” 🤙🏼🤙🏼🤙🏼

If any of you haven’t figured out already that yes...I’m still in the mission field....and no I haven’t gone home....because our mission has been authorized to use Facebook!! I’ll be honest I’ve been expecting this day for over a year but hey it’s finally here and it is kinda weird but awesome at the same time. It can help us stay in contact with the people here in Tennessee! So if y’all ever need some Jesus loving add me familia! And yes mom you can comment on my stuff haha

Some missionary shout outs to Jake Bench and Zach Ward heading down to speak some español! Love you two! 

Zone Leader is tranquilo (chill). We are giving a training in front of two zones this week so Oren para nosotros🙏🏼

We had MLC this week which is where all the leaders of the mission meet up! I got to see a lot of good friends and catch up with others! Here we were introduced to Facebook and how we could utilize it as a mission! It was an exciting training and we have already incorporated it as a Zone! We have a fun group message we use to publish success stories. It is a great way to keep in contact with recent converts and friends. We also got a brief intake on the Christmas Initiative this year which is the same as last years but a new video! #LightTheWorld #getstoked

Had some really great experiences with following the Spirit this week. There was this dude named Toby who came outside while we were knocking a door and I waved at him but he signified to me that he wasn’t interested but someone started talking about Madden 18 behind him so of course I started talking to him about football and we ended up having a45 minute discussion on the Restoration. Another one was when we were going to an appt and the lady wasn’t home but her sister was. Her sister, Janet, told us that she had been praying for a Bible and before we left I had just so happened to have grabbed a Bible and was carrying it in my hands (I never do that)! She accepted a Book of Mormon as well! Another fantastic experience was on Sunday when we were in the foyer during Sacrament Meeting and I cannot introduced myself to her. She sat down next to me as we waited reverently and I felt the impression to take out a pass-along card and write down my favorite Book of Mormon chapters (Mosiah 2-5). I asked her if she read much and she said a little bit. So I gave her the card and thought nothing more of it. Turns out that this same woman got up to bare her testimony and told us how she had been searching for answers to a question regarding a huge life change. And she told everyone that I had handed her the card and within the first couple verses of reading Mosiah 2 she had received her answer. I’m so grateful to have been an instrument in the Lord’s hands. 

Right now we have 3 people in Date: Donna and Cheyenne Kelly (Dec 31); Edna Omigie (Dec 2) and we are looking to set 2 more baptismal dates this week with a young girl named Maria Canini (speaks español 🙃) and Angela Soumastre (Girlfriend of a member) . The work is awesome here! Pray for us to find those who are prepared! 

Oh yea and Halloween was kinda cool. Carved a mini pumpkin and had to be in by 6 PM ugh. Some investigator thought it was funny to show me the IT movie trailer....”Hey Georgie” 👻

I’ve been eating a lot of Liberian food also hahaha some really cool investigators that are going to teach me how to cook and speak Bandi..:) 

Some guy asked me to bear my testimony. Btw that’s a big thing in the South. People will literally ASK US TO bear our testimonies. I cried. It was spiritual. Yea. 

One thing that was a problem her last transfer was member trust. However, Elder Frederick and I have completely reestablished that. SO many referrals. We will try our best to have the Spirit with us so we can help these people come unto Christ. I love the members here. Especially the youth! 

If any of y’all didn’t know my older bro Alex Mac just got ENGAGED to a beautiful girl named Madi Kimzey from Washington. Someone give that boy a hug for me! Congrats bro 😊

I’d like to just express my thoughts in the importance of charity by reciting 1 Corinthians 13: 

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

We need charity familia. We need to be filled with this love. I feel so much happier:) 

Love you all, les amo con todo mi corazón ciao ciao I’ll be down yonder in the Lord’s Vineyard! 

Elder Mac 

1-2: MLC
3: IT 
4-5: Old Facebook Profile Fotos hahahaha 
6: the field is whiteee
7: Captain CTR presenting us as heroes 
8: 🤙🏼🤙🏼🤙🏼
 







 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment