Sunday, January 28, 2018

1/22/2018

Hola Familia and friends this has been an absolutely insane week! Transfers came this week and my trio with Prueitt and Frederick got split up. My new companion is Elder Rosengren from Las Vegas!! He is a beast and at the same time a teddy bear. He goes home on March 1 so I will be his last companion! We are working harder than ever and I am thankful to be working with him. I have already learned so much from him that will help me out for the rest of my mission! We had an insane week. I am so tired. I kinda love it. Every time we get home we pass out within 20 minutes of entering the door! Rosy is also going to BYU Provo so it is cool to make a new friend. 

Transfers were crazy. On the day of, a huge snow storm came and a lot of people in the mission couldn’t get a ride out there. I ended up doing like 6 hours worth of driving that day due to some Elders in Kingsport that needed a ride. Honestly I just love being busy and it was a crazy adventure for us. My college time up in Utah also prepared me for driving in the snow. When it snows here Tennessee completely shuts down due to there lack of equipment in the state for salting etc etc. Elder Rosy served in Kingsport as his first area and so we toured around that and even went on a sweet minty hike. So far it is going really well. 

I am grateful for living prophets and for the historic announcement of the New First Presidency! I know President Nelson and his counselor and so forth are guided by the Lord. There is no doubt. This is the buffet of blessing. The fountain of fortune. Try it out! Love this Church and what it teaches me. 

Our first day together we taught Brandyn Myers. Please pray for him and his family. Him, his girlfriend Elizabeth, and his son Peter all want to be baptized. Brandyn is looking to move out so he can come in compliance with the Law of Chastity and Elizabeth (who smokes two packs a day) is fighting to overcome that addiction. They are very financially unstable as well. The path of discipleship and repentance has and never will be easy but we are trying our best to help them have more happiness in their lives. 

Miracle!! After meeting with Angela this week she has been having doubts about the church. She had that amazing experience at the temple in Washington DC and then during this lesson kept saying, “I just want to know from God”. After asking her some in depth questions, I remember bearing testimony about my mission and how hard and rewarding it has been. I testified of how we CANNOt forget about spiritual experiences and answers we have received, because there is always opposition. After class on Sunday, she told us that she wants to be baptized on February 3!! We were so stoked. 

Another miracle we had was when we got to sit down with Alberto Castro, one of my favorite dudes!! He is from Portugal, actually from an island chain in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean called the Azores!!! He is awesome. Served in the military, two tours in Iraq and Afghanistan and helped protect NATO leaders. He grew up Roman Catholic but did not quite agree with the teachings and practices thereof. We had a wonderful lesson with him about the Plan of Salvation! He is so prepared. I love the guy. He said that he will be baptized on February 24!!

As I come on the last leg of my mission, I cannot help but look back upon all the pains afflictions, and mercies that have come upon myself and others. It has been awesome. Honestly. It has been awesome. I love my mission because I get to walk with the Savior. Yes I have a comp, mish president, etc but in reality I am on a walk with the Savior. I know he lives and I know that he loves me and wants the best for all of us. Love y’all so much!! 

Elder Mac 

1. New District yo!!
2. Rosy boi
3. First Self Reliance Initiative class in the Kingsport Stake 




No comments:

Post a Comment