Sunday, April 1, 2018

3/19/2018

ayyyyy muchachos y familia. This week was insane I hope yall had an awesome St Pattys Day. I got pinched like 30 times because I wasn't wearing green but I guess I just enjoy attention too much. Nah I decided to wear Alex's wedding tie because I got to baptize someone who is like a Brother to me. So much fun yet so much tribulation this week. As it says in Alma 17, "they had many afflictions; they did suffer much; both in body and mind.....but they were men of a sound understanding and they had searched the scriptures diligently that they might know the word of God...and they have given themselves to much prayer, and fasting...and when they taught they taught with authority and power... 

Update on Alberto Castro!!! He has decided that he wants to get baptized on April 7 (best bday present ever). After considering the powerful message we left with him last week he had the feeling that God wanted him to get baptized as soon as possible. Bishop Abbott will marry them soon!! 

We moved Brandyn into his apartment last week and then let him know that Satan was going to unleash his wrath and whirlwinds upon him this week, and that when he faces these trials he will need  to rely upon the Lord. randyn is such an example to me of keeping the faith and having a positive, happy attitude on life. He has mastered optimism. He committed to give up vaping and did really well this week. The blessings of him keeping the Law of Chastity were insurmountable. For those of you who are reading this......I have been teaching Brandyn since November of 2017......such as grind but so worth it!!!  Anyways but since he has moved out he has been avoiding relationship problems that were unnecessary and doesn't have to constantly deal with kids that technically aren't really his to handle anyways. Stress gone. 

It all started on Sunday. Brandyns girlfriend Liz broke up with him right in front of us (she is still investigating the church and her and her son have baptismal dates for April 6)...it was a haymaker though... Dated for 2 years. He was so strong and moved past that real quick. He always kept telling me "dude I got you" when we would talk about him getting baptized in a few days. He then got really really sick and we went over and gave him a blessing and the next day he was feeling way better. However, because he got sick he missed work so he would basically have to work overtime until the day before his baptism. Nonetheless, he endured well! Then I got sick!!! More sick than I have ever been on my mission.....and I was supposed to baptize him! It was just nonstop action. I went on a power up with my past companion Elder Prueitt and also with Elder Farnsworth and Elder Nixon. That Thursday I worked all day but it was miserable...and then I worked all day Friday until 4:30 then decided to go home while Elder Vellinga took some of the other elders to go do Brandyns Baptismal interview etc etc. I immediately fell asleep for 4 hours. SO nice. Brandyn did really really well with his interview and from then on we were smooth sailing to the service. 

The service was beautiful and very spiritual. I got to baptize Brandyn. It felt like I was baptizing Alex or Jake or even one of my uncles or something like that. So so proud of this dude. I love him with all my heart and the Lord will bless him and he stays faithful to the church. He can bless so many peoples lives. We hung out with him for a couple hours after the service! A lot of members were there who had supported him on his way to this covenant. 

The next day I was still feeling under the weather, but I had the opportunity to confirm him as a member of the Church. So many wonderful promised blessing were given to him through the Spirit such a finding someone to marry in the temple and doing family history work for his loved ones who had passed on. He has almost no immediate family members, but gained so many! He was shedding some tears as he took the Sacrament for the first time renewing his covenant he had made with the Lord. 

Most of yall will probably meet this guy in the future. Flying him out to California someday!! We will be planning a temple trip soon! Love yall 

Elder Mac 
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment