Sunday, April 15, 2018

4/2/2018

A week I will never forget on my mission. There have been so many changes in the world since I have been on my mission....ranging from the election of Donald Trump to Sustaining a Prophet of God in a solemn assembly. I will always sustain the brethren of the church. They are the leaders chosen to guide God's church.

The spirit spoke to me that living prophets are REAL. Not just some figurative idea or fairy tale, but a real live fact that we can find joy in. This gives me an even stronger witness that I know Christ is my Savior and he loves and cares about us. There are so many amazing things that have happened this weekend. HISTORIC things. 

So many things happened this week. From going to a dinner and having a dance party with Edna and Oduwa eating Nigerian food to going to a rock concert (christian fellowship church). 

It was amazing because an investigator of ours invited us to his church called Grace Fellowship. over 2000 were there and it was a good service; however, attending the priesthood session with Alberto and feeling the difference in the Spirit was a testimony to me that we really do have the fullness of the Gospel and it is available for anyone who is REALLY looking.

That is the problem with Christians in the South; or anymore perhaps. They are awesome people and have great values, but they deny the power of God to be the same yesterday, today, and forever, and they are "content" where they are at because they do not believe God has revealed more. A shame sometimes, but hey we do our best. I love the South and the people and I know that one day every knee shall bow and every tongue shall TRULY confess from their lips and HEART that Jesus is the Christ. 

For conference weekend we were spoiled by the members! For Saturday session we watched it with one of my favorite member families the Fords, and then we went to visit Liz and cleaned her house and car and sent her to tears of joy. Then afterwards we watched the afternoon session with the Westovers and Edna and Oduwa!! Saturday morning we went over to the Wells home for crepes and deliciousness! And then we went with them to Jake the Snakes house and enjoyed that! Seriously the best weekend ever. We also attended priesthood session with Bishop Abbott and Alberto!! I have learned so much and had the best weekend!

This weekend, Alberto Castro, Elizabeth, and her son Peter should be getting baptized this weekend before I leave!! Pray for each and every one of them please!!! They are such amazing people and are ready to receive this covenant with the Lord. 

This is most likely my last week in JC!! Wow.....I have loved it!!! We will go out with a bang!! I love these people individually for who they are and I am trying my best to teach them how to feel and fill their lives with the Spirit of God! Remember that before we can help others we must help ourselves. 

We have to make a conscious effort every day to fill our lives with light. If we let ourselves "go with the flow" and be tossed to and fro, the natural man or woman within us will take over! We must choose to follow God every day! 

Love yall

Elder Mac 
 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment