Tuesday, June 19, 2018

6/04/2018

WOW whata week. I am so tired. So tired. But so not at the Same time. We are working so hard to. Bring souls unto Christ. At one point during this week my left ear and a few fingers were completely swollen from bug bites and I was sweating like crazy while fasting at the same time but saw some of the biggest miracles this week. 

One thing I am doing before I go home as well is writing all my companions’ parents letters. I have learned so much from my friends out here and looking back on it has been a blast. 

The work here is doing so well. I am fasting, praying, and testifying like I never have before. I know the Lord is blessing us as we strive our very best to do what he needs us to do. I have several goals before the end of my mission which I will share: 

1. No regrets. So far so good. Finishing stronger than ever 
2. Helping a few people come unto Christ through baptism (we have many who can) 
3. Leaving Hendersonville Ward with an absolutely solid foundation and a desire to do missionary work, and it is doing really well so far! When I first got here people were almost pessimistic towards the missionaries but the work is progressing 
4. Elevating the Asheville Zone by helping each companionship establish a missionary work foundation in each of their congregations. 
5. Prepared for the future (bright) 

We had some absolutely crazy stories this week. Usually regarding the element of prayer. I have been praying so hard this week for what Elder Bednar calls a Light switch miracle. I went on an exchange with Elder Cordner from Alpine UT, who knows our family as well; but we started off strong today by pulling up to this street and parking behind a car. Right when we parked the car a family of 6 kids and a husband and wife got out. We got out too and started to talk to them. We met the father named Kevin! He opened right up to us and told us that he really needed help moving because they were on their last day of their lease with almost no money left and they were planning on packing everything up and going to Nashville. We ended up helping him move for the next 4 hours and through that time we found out that he believes in SO much of what we believe. He is Golden!! We got our truck and started to load it up and also a trailer hitched on with furniture etc and then it started to RAIN! It was a disaster. But Kevin asked us to pray with him to ask God if he would stop the rain. We kneeled down with him on his floor and prayer to God. As soon as we ended our prayer the rain STOPPED. And if you havent been hearing I am in the middle of a huge flood zone in NC with record breaking monthly rainfall measurements. It did not rain for the rest of the day! Such a cool miracle. Kevin is going to Nashville but we hope to pass him along to the missionaries there. 

We had some wonderful member missionary work experiences this week and I would like to share one specifically. We were having a dinner at a members home for Lateicha and Laziah Peak who both want to be baptized and so we are working with them! However, Lateicha was running about an hour late and we had no idea where she was and she actually ended up being lost. She was frustrated with being lost that she almost decided just to go home, but without knowing that we prayed with the members that Lateicha and her daughter would be able to make it. As we were praying, one of the member’s phones Rang and it was her! We identified where she was parked and went and had them follow us to the home. We had a wonderful lesson filled with the Spirit of the Lord. 

These are daily experiences on the mission and it is amazing to see God’s hand influence everything we do. I know that if we ASK God for help he will guide you if you keep his commandments. 

“Ask and ye shall receive, Seek and ye shall find, Knock and it shall be opened unto you” 

(Find the ASK) 

Love yunz

Elder Macdonald 







No comments:

Post a Comment