Tuesday, June 19, 2018

5/28/2018

Esta semana ya ha pasado tantísimo rápido muchachos oye pues....... My companion is legit. 2 Legit 2 quit. Elder Natis “Praying” Matis. Been out about 11 months and I get to train him as a new Zone Leader:))))) life is good. 

This week we have been swamped. I do not think I have had a personal study in a week because we have been running around like crazy Mormons trying to bring salvation unto every soul that shall hear it. These last 5 weeks will be legendary beyond description as we work our tails off day in day out. I can truthfully say the Lord has helped me work hard every day of my mission and I do not want to change that. 

Craziest experience this week. SO Elder Matis is the driver of the Tacoma since they do not allow us to drive on our last transfer in the mission. And on the way back fro transfers going from Asheville to Hendersonville we side swiped another vehicle. Totally our fault haha. Anyways so we get in this car accident and Matis was pretty upset; however, when we talked to the man named Kelly. It was quite classic at first and no one got hurt and no one was really too upset (except Matis lol) but Kelly started to talk to US about the Gospel!! It was crazy. We looked at each other and could not believe that we are really teaching this guy, whom we just crashed into, the Gospel of the Lord!!! Long story short he accepted a Book of Mormon and we should be meeting with him this week!! 

Our area is cooking!!! We should have a few baptisms by the end of next month. We just really need to be willing to put in the work. 

I had an interesting experience this week with people trying to confound my testimony. We went to lunch with a Baptist Pastor and one of his colleagues at Chik-Fil-A lol....and in this meeting we respectfully discussed our religions and the similarities and differences. Elder Matis stayed quite quiet (biting his toungue) most of the time and so I did a lot of the talking for the most part. Topics included: Salvatio, exaltation, Bible, Book of Mormon, Pre Earth Life, Prophets, Interpretation, and so forth. I want to share my testimony that there truly are good Christians in this world who want to serve Christ, but when you get down to the nitty gritty and teach them true doctrine ACCORDING to the scriptures in which they read from, their biases and denial of the power of God comes forth. What an experience w the Spirit of God that was. We have another lunch this week. 

Saturday night we went to the wedding reception for one of members who had married a nonmember in which we are teaching, Ken. I love Ken. I respect him and he knows we want the best for him. However, after the reception in private conversation he reveals to me a packet on Anti- Mormon literature and material he has been studying, believing  himself that what he was reading was published by the church on LDS.org. Though I had answers, I was not given time to answer, but prompted to listen to him as he rambled about the falsehood of our church and then the Prophet Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. He then stated, “Macdonald, I love you, but my faith is much stronger than that of your own”. Taken back and very calm, feeling much sorrow for Ken’s confusion, we drove home that night and I contemplated what he just told me. My companion Elder Matis asked, “Are you ok Mac?” I replied yea yea I am tired of course. I was to give a talk tomorrow in church, in which Ken usually sits front row. Ken has read the entire Book of Mormon and has found no fault with it, which is the evidence of al in which we believe. I challenged the whole congregation to judge according to the Spirit the words I would speak, and also invited them to think about charity and then related to them a talk I call, “A Gift of Love”. I will attach the notes. 

 I know that God has established his kingdom upon the Earth today to help guide his children through this tumultuous time. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that the Bible is as far as it is translated correctly. These experiences listed above are DAILY occurrences and have allowed me to grow. I do not have this testimony because I have been immersed in it (sure it helps); but the Spirit of God has bore testimony to my soul that what I am doing is right and what my purpose and course is is straight and narrow and correct. I love yall:) 

Elder Mac 
1. Bye Hermana Hall 
2. Flexin 
3. Less active girl from my first area who is now going to go on a mission 
4-5. Praying Matis
6. Fillingim mi hijo and mi Nieto Ortiz 
7. My boy Fausett 
8. Gave Molloy my favorite tie 
 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment