Friday, August 5, 2016

BLOG POST #2: THE ROLLER COASTER 8/03/2016


 
Thank you everyone so much for writing me it means so much! I only get an hour every Wednesday to write emails so if I don´t email you back just know I didn't have enough time!! I appreciate the support so much and I miss all of you but I know that being here is the best thing I could possibly be doing. 
This week I can say was probably the craziest, most stressful, yet exciting week I have ever experienced. I can now say I am adjusting to the missionary life extremely well!!! Being a missionary in the MTC is much more different from the field. Most of your problems and stresses are usually about yourself, especially when you study for so long every day. In the field, most of the stresses and concerns are more about the investigators i am assuming, so thinking about the field in Tennessee is what keeps me going honestly. I love my district so much. This week was so hard because my companion Elder Deteige was dealing with some personal issues and after about a week of stressful contemplation and waiting he was ultimately sent home yesterday from the mission. I am going to miss him but I know he will be a better man for fixing his problems and an even better missionary!!! I will see him in the field in Tennessee so it wasn´t too bad of a goodbye for me. Such a great guy though. I am going to share my favorite memories from each day, and sometimes they may seem lame but hey, it is so easy to get bored in the MTC hahaha. 

July 28: Elder Detiege and I gave our last lesson with one of our fake investigators (Alejandra) and honestly we treated the scenario as if it were real. Our lesson plan was to go in there and assess the needs of her and just to let her know how much god loves her and how much we love her. The Spirit was so incredibly strong and it was the first time I really felt that way teaching in Spanish, I was in tears expressing my testimony of the gospel, because honestly it is the greatest thing we have and I love it so much. 

July 29: I want to talk a little about one of my companions (i am in a trio now) Elder Orgill. He has the mot absurd and hilarious stories known to man!!! this guy never fails to make me laugh or smile or cry or any other emotion in the book! he´s the coolest dude! He is from Oklahoma and will be serving in Modesto California, he´s definitely one of my best friends right now, other than that my patience on this day was tested immensely and I honestly did really well I think. The Lord has really been helping me out

July 30: Today we decided to pass the day by faster by saying those long riddles everyone does. I am so bad at them, but here is one of the more easier ones for example (these are all given by my other companion Elder Wengler): A cowboy rides to town on a Friday and stays for 3 days and 3 nights and rides back on a friday, how did he do it?...........pretty simple......but i never got it. Answer: the horses name is friday lol

July 31: Today was a Sunday and on this day I had never been so proud to be a missionary, representing men such as Jesus Christ and Joseph Smith is the best thing in the world. I feel so blessed to be here. I felt this way because we watched the movie The Restoration and our MTC president gave the coolest testimony about how lucky we are to be members of the church.

Aug 1: So i think everyone back home knows how much I hate soccer....well it has caught on for sure...because everyday we play cage soccer and it is so intense. Our district has 2 teams called Dinero Facil and Las Savejes. Dinero Facil has all the good soccer players from the district on it (lame) and my team Las Savejes (the savages) has all the decent or bad players on the team and today during gym time we had the most wins out of everyone. The underdog element plus winning is so much fun haha. This day is the day Elder Detiege went back to his home in the States as well.. 

Aug 2: I had lost one of my gym socks and couldn´t find it for a solid week, and all of the sudden I walk in on my district leader (Elder Vellinga, who is going to my mission) and he is using that sock for some sort of puppet show entertaining everyone else. Had a prime laugh out of that hahaha we get so bored here haha

Aug : and today my favorite memory is emailing all of YOU!!! so thanks again so much!!!!

Id like to end this post with testimony that I know that Jesus Christ lives and that he is the Son of God and he repented for all our sins so that we may be able to return back with him and our Heavenly Father again!!! I know that what I am doing here is His work and Glory, and that I need to work as hard as I can to bring souls unto Christ. I love this gospel so much

Scripture of the week: Alma 26:12 

"Yea, I know that I am nothing, as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myselñf, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things yea, behold, many mighty miracles have we wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. ​

No comments:

Post a Comment