Sunday, October 1, 2017

9/25/2017

Hola familia!! Lo siento por la semana pasada no escribí mucho para ustedes pero aquí estoy! This week was super awesome and super spiritual and all the above! We are working hard to stay busy and to accomplish our goals! I have a lot of fun stuff to write so here we go! Oh btw the weather was scorching this week..

Fiesta #1: Tuesday we had a half Mission Conference where 4 zones got together and we had the wonderful opportunity to listen to Elder Legrand Curtis Jr speak to us! He and his wife are amazing people who just got done serving in Africa for 5 years! It was cool to hear them speak. They emphasized how they're just normal people that have a desire to serve the Lord just like us, and that we're no different. We spoke a lot about the Book of Mormon, in particular Alma 5. This chapter is what we call the spiritual interview because of all the questions....try it out! I did. Ne thing that was unique too was that he asked Elder McConkie bad in his college days how to gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon and he said to read it through and at the end of each chapter ask,"Is this the work of man or of God?". 

Fiesta #2: Friday night we had a Branch Bonfire for a actividad de la Obra Misional. I've been learning to play the guitar so I played some songs for them...the best I could.. oh and we had a lot of investigators come! But anyways it was an awesome night and the first time I've had s'mores since I left on my mish so I was happy. 

Fiesta #3: La Familia Díaz is a family we are working with and we provided chairs and tables for a birthday party for one of their little kids. It was a wonderful opportunity to do some service for them and to come closer. Their son Carlos is like my best friend straight up. We went their on Saturday and hung out and met a lot of hispanos nuevos. Even gave out some materials. 

Training: Elder Lopez is a total stud. Love this kid. He's like a Hispanic version of my roommate from college, Harrison Trinca. We get along so well hahaha. S/O to T Chang finish strong in Japan Boi. He's doing really well with Spanish and we are working hard together. He has a desire to be obedient to all the mission rules! I know for sure I'm leaving next transfer but...might ask Pres to finish his training...:) we will see! And nah he's not s midget he just wanted me to say that last week hahaha. His Spanish is improving and I enjoy teaching with him! 

District: chillin. We all just made a goal to extend at least one baptismal date a week so hopefully we can get that rolling! 

My hope: is that we can set Sheccid and Zahred Xiquin on baptismal dates this week. We had a great lesson with them showing them how the Book of Mormon answers questions! Pray for them! 






Church: we had our Branch Conference and a ton of investigators and less Actives came to church! We grubbed harddddd afterwards! Mexican food for days:) we have been shooting big on church Attendance. We have 7 investigators and we hope to have 10 this Week! 

I'd like reflect on this opportunity we have to listen to General Conference. I think as a missionary this is one of the best times of the year, especially when I feel we recognize the full significance of being able to listen to a living prophets and apostles of the Lord Jesus Christ. I was reading the Bible this week and I read these scripture in 2 Peter 1:  

19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

What I get from this is that the pure doctrine of God has been and always will be interpreted and spoken by the chosen prophets of God. Not by any random man or minister who goes to college. We need not be confused in these latter days about what is God's plan for us and what is not. Take notes this week Familia 

Love yall/Les amo Ciao 

Elder Mac 

1) Elder Vellinga and Sister Yauney from my MTC Mexico experience 14 months! 
2) Mi Hijo enseñando inglés 
3) Katherine y Eric 
4) CARLOS 
5) Miriam mi favorita 
6-7) Conferencia de Rama 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment