Sunday, October 1, 2017

9/11/2017

Crazy crazy crazy week here in Leb Town!! So some news about transfers! I am staying in Lebanon for 1 more transfer (7 &1/2 months) and Elder Ney mi Hijo is being transferred to Rogersville! Going to miss the guy, but I'm happy he gets to go to an English area where he can understand and teach legitimately haha! Translating was fun tho. I will be training ANOTHER new missionary! Holy huevos. I'm excited. Supposedly the Elder coming in speaks fluent Spanish so I'll half train him and establish the area and then leave at the end of this transfer! Every companionship in my district will be training!! I'm excited to stay here one more transfer and I hope to get some baptisms with some of the potential we have! 9/11 is also today. Merica' tho. Eventos geniales de la semana incluyen: 

Interviews: this section will take the majority of my weekly. What a wonderful day Friday was! I had the opportunity to perform 4 baptismal interviews with some very remarkable people and also on that same day to sit down with my President Pickett. First off, President and I sat down and he asked how I was doing and so on and so forth, but what I really feel good about our relationship together. Just like with Griffin there is a feeling of trust and confidence. He asked me if I was willing to stay another transfer and I said of course (español)! He then told me the transfer news which didn't come as a big surprise. I wanted to stay here as well. He told me how excited he was about my District! Love the guy. Actually a member of the Stake Presidency came and told me that President talks a lot about me in Stake meetings so I feel good to have Presidents trust and also the Lords. I hope to be able to continue to serve humbly and faithfully as a DL trainer. 

Interviewing Judy and Sam Hunt, a couple of 70+ years old each was absolutely amazing. We sat individually together for an hour and a half each. Tears were shed, laughs were had, and testimonies were shared. They had been looking for this for so long and they finally found it! I hope to never forget them! They said us as member have a 'glow'. Agreed. I also had the opportunity to interview Angel Proctor and her son Lucas (11). Very shy and very reserved individuals but as we prayed together and talked they both opened up to me and we left our sit downs feeling edified and rejoicing together! They were all baptized and confirmed this weekend as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. 

Investigators: 

Sheccid y Zahred Xiquin: they are my focus this transfer. They are the closest ones here who can be baptized. Sheccid is the oldest daughter of Miriam and Zahred is the youngest. They came to the baptismal service and also came to church yesterday without their Momma (who came later)! They need all the prayers they can get! We are going to set them on date this week because we ended up canceling their baptismal dates due to family Circumstances. They live in a rough neighborhood and they are trying to get settled in a new apartment which we found for them! Hopefully they can get that and live in a safer environment! 

We've received tons of great referrals from Cookeville and Crossville so we will be traveling quite a bit back and forth! Covering the whole stake is so fun hahaha.

We are working with a ton of LOST SHEEP to get them back so that is where we are finding most of our success. I hope I can lay a solid foundation here before I leave. Also, we are expected to get some rain and storms from the hurricane.... prayers 🙏🏼 

Another transfer, another son, another round in Leb Town! Nos vemos familia les amo y Ciao! 

Elder Mac 

1. District Desayuno 
2. Elote Loco 
3. Ciao Hijo 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment