Sunday, May 27, 2018

5/7/2018

What a week! I have to say that this week was one of my favorite yet also unfavorite weeks of being a Zone Leader. I have quite the story this week honestly which will show you how not only brutally honest I am but also how much I want the success of each individual missionary, area, member, etc. I am very passionate about anything I do, if any of you know me. I am a missionary 24/7, and so this is my work and HIS glory. It means a lot to me. 

President Pickett mentioned to me last week that I was sent to this specific zone to fix it. The previous Zone Leaders were very toxic and disobedient, and even some of the filtered out District Leaders. When I came into the mission, the Asheville Zone was the highest baptizing zone for a long time! However, when I was sent here it was currently the worst zone in the mission. Plagued with gossip, discontentment, disobedience, and inefficiency. Do not get me wrong, there are a long of great people here, but integrity of heart vanished. I am thankful to the Lord for sending me here for my last two transfers. It is a compliment to me that if I try my best, he will bless me and those around me. Coming into the zone, the status was that no one was really finding people to teach. The previous transfer there was some great success in baptisms, but now the areas were flat and there were 2 baptismal dates between 28 missionaries and 14 areas!! Vamos! As of yesterday in a matter for 3 weeks the zone has sky rocketed to 21 baptismal dates and an increase in moral. Probably the biggest jump I have ever seen in a zone! Time to work. I will be honest with this too; it has been a trial of my faith to get here. The previous ZLs put quite a negative stigma on the zone, and it has been tough to rub that off. Even in my best intentions and success the Lord has blessed us with, there is still lack of missionary unity here because of the attitudes and gossip. I reflect back to what a good friend Elder Sanders told me in a time of struggle over a year ago: “Leadership is a Lonely Place”. The work is progressing rapidly here, yet there is much much more to do. Transfers will help bring in some new faces and new attitudes for sure (May 23), but as of now Elder Molloy and I are doing the best we can to follow the Spirit. Even on a phone call with my mission President this week he said, “Elder Macdonald, you are doing the right thing.especially when there are some who dislike you for it”. Christ is such a wonderful example to me of a great leader. I strive to emulate his boldness, firmness, yet compassion and love for those he serves. 

The area is great! We got two baptismal dates this week! All wonderful people. Lateicha Peak and Barbara Burrell are excellent examples of humble people who want to follow Christ. Pray for them! June 9 & June 30. Jone Briones is still looking on track for June 16. Every week for me is crucial! I love it!:) I have always retained this level of urgency and I thank the Lord for helping me throughout my mission to have that!

A scripture I shared to a broken family this week comes from Alma 4 as Alma forsakes the Judgment Seat and consecrates his life completely to the ministry to bring the people of Zarahemla back to the Church: 

19 And this he did that he himself might go forth among his people, or among the people of Nephi, that he might preach the word of God unto them, to stir them up in remembrance of their duty, and that he might pull down, by the word of God, all the pride and craftiness and all the contentions which were among his people, seeing no way that he might reclaim them save it were in bearing down in pure testimony against them.

One of my favorite things as a ZL is going on exchanges, especially with Greenie Missionaries (New missionaries). I got to go with Elder Cox who is serving in the Asheville Ward! We just had such an awesome day. It is fun learning from them and them from you. I had a door approach lesson with him and it lasted for about 15 minutes. He then turned to me and said, “that was the longest doorstep lesson I have ever had!” It totally shocked me haha. But we ended up having a 2 hour door step lesson with a couple that is really interested!:) 

Life is going pretty well. We did so much this week. I am tired haha. VAMOS!

Elder Mac 
 
 






1. Un Huron
2. Elder Cox!
3. Thx Momma my compy loves u
4. Micronesian Homie Tamian balls up 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment