Thursday, March 30, 2017

3/27/2017

Buenos días amigos amigas familia cómo le van? That's probably the
most Spanish I've said this week hahaha kidding but anyway I hope
everyone is alive and well as am I! Transfer calls came and I'll be
getting transferred to Lebanon 2nd Branch!!! This area is the other
main Spanish area here in the TKM! I'll be companions with Elder Hatch
who came out with my first son Elder Fillingim!

Tuesday: Hype point of the week we got to meet David Archaleta out in
Farragut!! It was a devotional in which he talked a lot about his
mission in Chile and sang several songs including his rendition of
"Glorious"; which he recorded when he was a full time missionary!
Afterwards we each got to meet him and shake hands and swipe a photo.
He started speaking Spanish to me and completely caught me off guard
hahaha Ciao David

Wednesday: Zone Conference out in Fountain City! President Griffin
dropping bombs left and right and destroying the training and just
blowing our minds with doctrinal truths that I would never think of in
1000 years. Taking notes wasn't even possible hahaha. He emphasized
heavily on the Atonement. Every Easter and Christmas our church does
an initiative in which we receive cards and a new video to share with
EVERYONE. They're always themed and this Easter's theme is Prince of
Peace.

Thursday: Took my first Park-Day...in other words we walked all day so
I guess I'm a real missionary now for walking. We only get a limited
amount of miles each month so we were struggling with our usage. My
legs were completely done after today.

Friday:  last day ever volunteering at the Children's Museum :( we had
a cool experience with this lady named Lisa we were trying to teach.
She decided that she was just too deep in her Baptist roots to
continue with us but before we exited I had the opportunity to offer a
prayer while we were all standing holding hands and after I concluded
she paused for a few seconds in like shock and awe saying," that was a
beautiful prayer". Hope we planted a seed:)

Saturday: we helped on of our main investigators, Brenden in moving
out of his apartment and good news is at his new residency is still in
our area. We also went to lunch with an investigator named Josh
Phillips. I might have mentioned him earlier. But we had the most REAL
conversation with him about the Gospel. He had a few past experiences
that caused him grief and I shared a lot of personal experiences and
my testimony. You can just see in people's eyes when something touches
him and this guy who's a standup comedian was almost in tears. It was
legit. Love the guy.

Sunday: two little old ladies who haven't been in church in over 2
years came today and it absolutely made my day!! Brenden came to the
later service!


My time in Poplar Creek has come to an end. They are transferring both
Elder Hammond and I to different areas and making a bike area! I
cannot wait for a new start! I will still be senior companion and
District Leader still! So happy and so stoked! Love ya









No comments:

Post a Comment